More Skavoon Language

I’ve made some progress with Sreskamak.

I used the following code on WordBuilder

tokens initial 3[sk] 4[sht] shk sr sl 4[k] 7[p]
tokens medial sk sht shk 2[sr] sl 5[k] 6[p] 3[v]
tokens final 2[sk] 3[sht] shk sr sl 3[k] 3[p] 5[v]
tokens space 1[.]

rule root {
literal ~
token initial
literal .
token medial
literal '
token final
}

to generate a nastily-formatted list of triliteral roots that looks a bit like this

~sht.sr'sk
~p.sr'k
~k.p'k
~p.k'v
~shk.k'k
~sht.sht'v
~k.sk'p
~sr.sr'k
~p.k'v
~k.shk'v
~sl.sht'v
~sr.sr'k
~sr.sr'v
~sk.p'sht
~sk.sr'sht
~shk.sr'k
~k.p'sht
~k.v'sht
~sl.k'v
~p.v'v
~p.sht'k
~k.p'sht
~shk.v'sk
~sr.k'v
~p.sr'sht
~sht.p'shk
~sk.v'sl
~sk.v'sht

The formatting, while pug-ugly, allows me to run the mess through this ASCA code
L = sk sht shk sr sl
S = k p v
C = L S

.Word. > 0
~sk.C > shroCa
~sht.C > shluCa
~shk.C > svuCa
~sr.C > smuCa
~sl.C > sloCa
~k.C > kvoCa
~p.C > ploCa
~v.C > vroCa
~S > S
.S > Sa
'S > Sun
'L > Lun

Generating a list of words in CCaCun form

shlusraskun;
plosrakun;
kvopakun;
plokavun;
svukakun;
shlushtavun;
kvoskapun;
smusrakun;
plokavun;
kvoshkavun;
sloshtavun;
smusrakun;
smusravun;
shropashtun;
shrosrashtun;
svusrakun;
kvopashtun;
kvovashtun;
slokavun;
plovavun;
ploshtakun;
kvopashtun;
svuvaskun;
smukavun;
plosrashtun;
shlupashkun;
shrovaslun;
shrovashtun;

So does this mean I have to have separate ASCA rules files and separate output files for each word-form? Possibly. Still it’s a step in the right direction.

Maybe I’ll just accept that this is an awful PITA and try to generate words that have the appearance of the triliteral system in WordBuilder. Not sure yet.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Mapping, Planetary Stuff, Projects, Science Fiction, Skavoon Project, World Building and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to More Skavoon Language

  1. Arne Sostack says:

    You could use the branch command in Word Builder to create a tree structure of words with different meanings, I guess?

    So make the root form using your current script, then put in a bunch of branch commands at the end of the root rule to stuff like:


    branch basic-verb basic-verb
    branch basic-noun basic-noun
    branch positive-adjective positive-adjective

    etc.


    rule positive-adjective {
    translate {
    ~ =>
    . => a
    ' => u
    }
    }

    That would give you the root ~sk.v’n with a branch called positive-adjective with a value of skavun. That is, of course, if you’re not using the mac version with the broken translate. Meh.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s